About Me

My photo
Hattiesburg, MS, United States
I am a mother, wife and graphic designer, and these are my tales.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Baylli's Jewelry Boutique

Hello all!
I am very sorry that i didn't post on the 28th like i said i would. For some reason my little blog was flagged as spam! How that happened i really don't know. So i had to wait before i could even post anything!

But anyway...

I wanted to talk about my past banners i have made. I am going to start out with Baylli 's Jewelry Boutique. She had contacted me wanting 2 banners and 2 avatars. One banner and avatar for when she is having a sale and the other 2 for her main shop front. For this post i will only be talking about the main store front banner. She told me she wanted something "pretty" like out of a magazine. So with that i dove right into her banners. ( I love making banners!)

You can see at the left the 1st set of ideas that i sent her. Sadly enough, she didn't like any of them. Personally liked 4th banner in that picture. But i LOVE bright colors. (makes you wonder why i decided on Pink & Grey as my color theme)

When i made these 4, i wanted to showcase her work. She does such great jewelry, i thought i needed to shown off!! I really love her DragonFly Necklace! You can see it here. Please check it out!


Ok now back to making her banners! She told me try something a little more simpler, something white with just her name. So back to the drawing board I went. (did i happen to tell you i really like making banners!) Now you are going to look at this image and ask: "Why didn't you do what she said?" Well I can't answer that, i guess i wanted to show her some other ideas! :) LOL

She had told me she really liked the font that i used in my banner, that i do not use any more by the way. But i have to agree i really like that font. So pretty. And i thought it went really well with the "swirls" that i used in banner #1. And like you pretty much know by now, she decided on the 1st banner. But she wanted a few things changed. Very simple changes.
I really liked the 2nd banner from these 2. I could have slapped my self for not thinking of the making the font 2 different sizes. But oh well.
So do you want to know what banner she decided on? Well you have to go to her shop to see.

2 comments:

Sara said...

She made a lovely choice!!

CREATEaTHOUGHT said...

I like them all!

KellySchwark

LittleRedCottage

CoraMarieBoutique

CopyRights

All Images Of BannerChild Graphics Are Copyrighted to BannerChild OR The Buyer Of The Banner.