About Me

My photo
Hattiesburg, MS, United States
I am a mother, wife and graphic designer, and these are my tales.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Busy Week

Oh my what a busy week I have had.

First I am going to vent at the fact that Etsy will not allow photo touch-ups or enhancing to be sold. I get many messages from other etsy sellers telling me i am breaking rules, so i started a forum to see if this is true. There is such a fine line with the subject too. In a nutshell, they say as long as something artistic comes from it, its ok. Therefore re-touching is not artistic. Making a picture look like something that should be in a magazine is not artistic.... As you can tell I'm still sore over this, as many graphic designers are. So if i can't sell it on etsy, as you can see to your left i still offer it, but thru paypal only. If you are interested, please feel free to contact me.
Ok enough about that.

Well this week, my main project was:
This great person wanted, at first, a banner, 2 avatars, business card, and a blog banner.

I looked forward to working with this very talented artist! She turns beautiful pictures of the poor animals in need of a home, into great pop art! To top this off, 10% of her sales go to help these poor animals. And after looking into those eye of her art made me wish i leaved were Arizona just so i could save a few of those poor kitties (sorry dog lovers, I'm a BIG cat person)

OK onto the 1st samples i showed her:

The first 2 banners were my personal favorites. I really liked the paw print background in those. But I try to give at least 3 to 4 samples to get started on. So after many flips thru her store I got the idea for banner #3. For the idea of banner #4, she had told me she liked Midnight Gypsy's banner. Which i made from vintage pictures. So I pulled out my vintage pictures and created banner #4.

But we started off on the same page from the get go! She liked banner #2, but she wanted a little more color to it. So what you ask is what you get.
After making her banner & avatars we jumped into her business card. She wanted a front and back to her business cards. To the left is what they look like. She wanted her basic information on the front and a little story, to say, about the pound and animals.
Very touching.
After that, onto her blog banner. But she wanted to spruce up or blog all together.
In the past I was taught web design in school, then in my last year of school i was the teacher to the 10th and 11th graders. After that I designed web pages for churches and such. But it had been years since I had even looked at HTML. I had seen other people on Etsy selling blog layouts, and wanted to get back into it. So I re-taught myself with my blog being the Guinea pig. Well Paw Prints Project liked my banner and she was willing to be my Guinea pig. So i went on to design her blog lay out as well.
Want to see how it turned out? Well you will have to go there to see.
Well that is it for.
In my next post, I will showcase some more talented people from Etsy.
Thank you for Reading!

4 comments:

shakunetsu o. said...

hmmmm, re-touching is not an art huh. hmm. i do graphic art too so i was actually thinking about doing it on etsy but i guess not.

Jodie said...

Hiya just dropping by from Etsy. I saw your offer of featuring jewellery artists in the forums and I'd love to be featured on such a lovely looking blog.

I make individual love objects in the form of jewellery everyone wants to gaze at adoringly. There are lots of hearts, lots of glass and I love including different textures as well.

My items range from very simple designs to more detailed products. I'm also happily building up two collections of earrings. Look out for lots of great shipping deals if you buy earrings and necklaces together.

I hope that you will consider me for a feature.

Jodie

Jewells said...

I love this story. Keep them coming. I wouldn't mine being added to your blog

Yoga Bridge said...

hi,

enjoy seeing you in etsy chats!! i love your doggie banners!!

KellySchwark

LittleRedCottage

CoraMarieBoutique

CopyRights

All Images Of BannerChild Graphics Are Copyrighted to BannerChild OR The Buyer Of The Banner.